Friday, December 21, 2012

Love Letters

Reflecting on letters of love, I wonder if they are quite so romantic if not written by hand.  Having not received a love letter for many many years, I can only guess how young people communicate their love for each other.  I suspect that many are sent from mobile (cell) phone to another one.  I wonder if the receiver would keep the message on the phone forever?  Do those who receive them transfer them to a computer and print them out?

I do believe that letters of love are far more romantic written by hand, than in any other form, not forgetting those romantic messages delivered by someone with a great sense of imagination - thinking of sky writing (and a photo would be the way to keep a copy of such an event.)

I found an interesting website with copies of twelve hand written love letters, written by famous people.   Find the one above and others here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about the decline of handwriting? I would love your comments.